Saturday, May 21, 2011

Gazing Balls for Mother’s Day

This year for Mother’s Day, I decided to get creative.  I had seen this idea on another website that I love to follow.  She is always crafty and very artsy!  Pink and Green Mama is a great site.  I think I have referenced it before.

She had done these a while back.  I had bookmarked it and decided to make them for mothers day.  Here is the link to her directions - http://pinkandgreenmama.blogspot.com/2009/05/home-made-gazing-balls-for-your-garden.html

I didn’t take as many pictures as I usually do, but oh well!  I found the balls at Michaels.  They were under $2 a piece.  Then I bought some acrylic metallic paint in four fun colors!  I also that the 3/8 dowel.  I just cut one if half to make two gazing balls.  Last, I found some silver jewelry wire, I believe in 12 gauge.  It worked great! 

The kids had fun making them for the Grandmas for Mother’s Day.  I liked them so much that we made a couple for our front rock area!  Very easy craft to do!  And it makes a great present!  Even a few people thought I had bought them!  I fooled them!

IMG_9659IMG_9660

Thanks Pink and Green Mama for yet another great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment