Saturday, October 8, 2011

Melted Crayon Canvas

Found this idea on one of my favorite blogs that I follow.  So, of course, I had to make it with the kids!  And since the kids seem to be under the weather AGAIN, we are hanging low the weekend. 

http://pinkandgreenmama.blogspot.com/2011/08/melted-rainbow-crayon-canvas.html

I bought some crayons. You need to use Crayola because I hear they are the only ones that work the best.  I hot glued them into a rainbow pattern on a piece of canvas.  Got the hair dryer out and started melting the crayons! 

IMG_0125

The kids had fun watching the colors melt.  I will tell you that it took a long time for the colors to actually melt.  And of course I couldn’t get mine to look as cool as “Pink and Green Mama” did.  But oh well, it was still fun! 

IMG_0130IMG_0132

I am going to try another canvas with black, white, and gray and see how that turns out.  Hopefully we’ll have some fun wall art for our new house someday!

IMG_0142

Most importantly, the kids were proud of it!  And it does look neat in person! 

IMG_0210

No comments:

Post a Comment