Tuesday, November 30, 2010

12 Days of Christmas

 

I have wanted to do this with the kids since I had them, but of course I had to wait until they understood Christmas just a little bit more!  I have thought about doing an Advent countdown with them, but I decided to start small.  I loved the idea from this website, http://pinkandgreenmama.blogspot.com/2010/11/countdown-to-christmas-homemade-family.html  This is my goal for next year!  I can start thinking about it earlier and get some fun ideas on paper! 

So, this year I settled for doing the 12 Days of Christmas.  I can’t wait until we get to start it! 

IMG_8756IMG_8757

I went to Michael’s and walked around to get my creative juices going!  I grabbed some Christmas scrapbook paper, some fun colorful gems and some cardstock stockings.  I bought enough so that next year if I decide to do the Advent Count then I have all the items I need!

IMG_8759IMG_8761

I cut the scrapbook paper to cover the stockings.  Then glued them on.  I used the gems to write the numbers on each stocking.

IMG_8763

I decided to decorate the trim of the stockings with glitter.  Josie started to help me with this, but she was making more of a mess than I wanted!  So, she gave up and I got to finish with less mess! 

IMG_8765

I also found some clothespins at Michael’s that had Santa or Snowmen on them.  You could paint/color them if you wanted, but I decided to leave them plain.  They were just cute!  I got some red ribbon and clothes pinned the stockings to the ribbon and hung them on this railing.  I love how it turned out!  What I also like about this is that next year when I decide to do the Advent I can write on the backs of the stockings the idea/activity for each day.

I found some trinkets, crafts, candy to wrap up and let the kids have each day of the countdown.  I’m excited and I know they are excited, too!  I also can’t wait to do a more fun but meaningful one next year!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment