Friday, December 3, 2010

Every Little Girl’s Dream

 

If you have a daughter who likes to play “salon” like mine does, than this idea is for you!

My friend shared this idea with me that she was going to make for her girls.  I thought it was pretty cool and knew that my daughter would love it as well.  My friend can’t remember what site she got the idea from, but she Googled “fake makeup” and this is what she clicked on!  I totally love it and I know it’s going to be a big hit in this house.

Most women wear makeup and have cases of it lying around that they don’t use anymore.  I, on the other hand, do not wear makeup.  I actually scrounged a couple cases up from my mom.  I then decided to go check out the Dollar Tree and see what they have for makeup.  The Dollar Tree always pulls through!  They had quite the selection!  So I think I spent about $4 dollars in total on makeup.

To start, scrape all the real makeup out of the container and clean it as good as possible.  Here is a picture of one of my empty cases.

IMG_8786

Once they are emptied and dried, all you need is some sticky back foam!  I used a variety of colors and textures to fill the little squares.  I had some foam that had some glitter on it, also had some sticky back felt.  Use your creativity and come up with the colors and styles of “makeup” you want to make!  I did have to use some non sticky back foam, but I used foam glue to put the pieces in their place.

Here is my end result!  Doesn’t it look like real makeup? 

IMG_8787IMG_8788

IMG_8789

There is also a way to make fake lip gloss!  Empty a container of makeup and pour some nail polish in the squares and let it dry!  It turns out all smooth and shiny.  It really does look like lip gloss!

IMG_8790

This makeup is going to be one of my daughter’s 12 Days of Christmas.  I can’t wait until she opens it.  Thanks, Emily, for the awesome idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment