Monday, December 13, 2010

Glittery Snow

Okay, I have said before, I apparently like glitter this year.  It’s been fun and festive with all the things we have been doing around the house.  Hasn’t been quite as messy as I thought it would be.  Today, I changed out the sensory table.  I had in it the Insta-Snow.  Let me tell ya, it was a lot of fun, but didn’t live up to my expectations.  But, the kids had fun with it and I would probably buy it again.  It just didn’t keep the volume that I thought it would.  My son had fun driving his monster trucks through it.  We will probably buy it again, but I won’t have such high hopes!

Today, we made some glistening snow!  I had bought 4 containers of salt.  I think I spent a whole $1.60 total.  I ended up only using three containers.  The kids poured that into the table.  Then I added many different colors of glitter to give it sparkle and some color!

IMG_8839

You can’t really see the sparkle but it’s in there!

I have a bin of containers and lids and other random things that I use for our sensory table activities.  This time, I pulled out all the clear containers, two small scoops, sifter,  and two funnels.  I did this so the kids could watch the “snow” glisten and see what they were doing!  It’s a great activity and the kids are having fun with it. 

IMG_8843IMG_8845

IMG_8848IMG_8849

The salt does leave a weird texture feeling on your hands, but nothing that a little soap and water can’t take care of.  I look at it as a very cheap, fun, and different activity to entertain the kiddos!  Just have a broom handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment