Monday, December 13, 2010

Gingerbread House

This weekend, Mother Nature decided to bring on it’s first big snow of the year.  This meant, we were stuck inside!  When that happens, you have to find lots to do to keep the little busy bodies…BUSY!

When my daughter was 18 months old and my son 3, we decided to make gingerbread houses.  I had bought the kits to use instead of just being creative on are own.  The kids had fun doing them, but within minutes my daughter had broke out in hives.  I haven’t bought a kit since!  My daughter really wanted to do a gingerbread house so we got creative and used stuff at home!  We still have a ton of Halloween candy and  it came in very handy.  We used: graham crackers, frosting, M & M’s, Smarties, Skittles, Sweet Tarts, snowman marshmallows, and a few more things I’m sure.

My husband helped get the house built.  We just made a one story “bungalow!” That’s all they needed to make them happy!  We then let them do what they wanted to it.  It was fun to see what they came up with. 

Jayden working hard!

IMG_8808IMG_8810

IMG_8819IMG_8830

Josie enjoying the fun!

IMG_8813IMG_8820

IMG_8823IMG_8827

And the best part: EATING THEM!  They didn’t each much of it as I think they were on sugar overload from the samples they were sneaking while making the house! 

IMG_8831IMG_8832

No comments:

Post a Comment