Sunday, March 13, 2011

Leprechaun Village

I was in need of a new sensory table idea.  It had been empty for a few weeks, but I finally found something I thought was fun!

“Pink and Green Mama” has a really fun St. Patrick’s Day theme idea.  http://pinkandgreenmama.blogspot.com/2011/03/peg-doll-leprechauns-st-patricks-day.html 

  Like always, I am NOT as crafty as that Mama, but I did my best to make it fun for the kids. 

We decided to call it a Leprechaun Village.  We had to do some explaining to them about leprechauns, St. Patrick’s Day, etc.  It was a fun little lesson for them. 

Here is what I came up with!

IMG_9486

Items included: green rice, wood rainbows. foam shaped shamrocks, “emeralds", coins, pots, and a couple houses.

IMG_9482

And here our the Leprechauns!  And I never said I was artistic!

IMG_9483

I made a couple little houses for the Leprechauns to live in.  I used plastic flower pots from the Dollar Tree that came in a 10 pack.  And a pack of fake moss that I hot glued to the outside of the pot! 

IMG_9488IMG_9489

HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM! WE LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment