Monday, March 7, 2011

Muffin Tin Meal

If you want to make your child’s meal more fun and exciting, try using a muffin tin!  Muffin Tin Mom is where I got this fun idea! http://michellesjournalcorner.blogspot.com/2011/03/muffin-tin-monday.html

She calls it Muffin Tin Monday and encourages people to post a picture of their muffin tin meal on her website.  I have not done that yet. 

I think this would be a good tool to use when you want to introduce a new food.  The other night we were having couscous.  None of us have ever had it. I thought it would be fun to get out the muffin tins to introduce this new food to the kids.

Here is what are muffin tin meal looked like:

IMG_9470

Grapes, ketchup, strawberries, fish sticks, couscous, and green beans!

The kids totally loved this!  Jayden said we should do this every night!  They were not fans of the couscous, but both kids actually tried it!  I am curious to know if they would have tried it on a normal plate.  (I wasn’t a big fan of it either)

If you roam around on Muffin Tin Mom, you will find many cool ideas that people have come up with.  Some people are quite creative with food!  This summer, I plan on getting into it a bit more.  Both kids will be home all day and we’ll have more time to get creative!  I’m going to be keeping my eye out on cheap cupcake holders and other fun gadgets that would fit in the tin circles!

By the way, Dollar Tree has muffin tins!  I bought a couple just for meals! 

Try your next meal in a muffin tin!  I’m sure it will be a hit!  Check out Muffin Tin Mom! http://michellesjournalcorner.blogspot.com/2011/03/muffin-tin-monday.html

IMG_9471IMG_9472

No comments:

Post a Comment