Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Comfort food!

IMG_9480

I have become a fan of cooking over the last couple of years.  It is just way more easier (and more enjoyable)  to eat at home then try and drag young kids out!  When school started, last fall, I started making a monthly menu.  This works like a charm!  We don’t eat out as much and we have more quality time at home around the table. 

The picture above is a comfort food meal.  It comes from my high school years.  I spent A LOT of time with my friend Kim and her family.  Her mom was a great cook!  She always had something yummy brewing in the kitchen. 

Now, don’t get me wrong, my mom is an awesome cook as well!  So, this is how it worked: My mom would make a meal and we would eat between 5-6 p.m.  I would eat at home, then I would head to Kim’s house and eat with her family!  They were late eaters between 7-8 p.m.  Worked perfect when I had a metabolism for it!  Can’t say I could do that now! 

One of my favorite meals Miss Sally made was chicken casserole!  I was for sure to be there the nights she made this yummy meal!

  What’s best is I have the recipe and can make it whenever I want! 

When I do make it, I always think back to the comfort meals from my childhood.  What meals were yummy, like chicken casserole, and what meals I dislike, to this day, like  MEATLOAF.

I made chicken casserole last week and thought about blogging about it.  Not because it is super yummy, but because it brings back a part of my life that was fun!  And every time I make it, I think of all the fun!

Thank you, Sally, for opening your house all those years ago!  To this day, this is one yummy meal!  I know Kim and I gave you many fits in your kitchen, but they are all memorable treasures!

Do you have a favorite childhood recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment