Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Fever

My four year old has the Royal Fever!  I was super excited to watch the wedding of William and Catherine today.  Why?  Because it is the only thing happy going on in this world!

My four year old joined in on the excitement! 

She had been wanting one of the girls Easter dresses at Target.  I was not going to pay full price for one as I knew she just wanted it for play.  I told her that I would get her one after Easter.  One word: Clearance!  Yesterday, I was roaming around Target and found her the perfect little dress to play in.  She likes the big “poufy” kind.  This one looks like a little flower girl dress!  She was very excited yesterday when she saw the dress and had it on immediately. 

Well, this morning we sat down to watch the wedding.  (Of course, she had her new dress on.)  Josie was very intrigued by Princess Catherine.  She loved her dress, loved the veil, and pretty much just loved everything about it. 

After a while, she came into the room with a Barbie.  The Barbie was in a pretty gown and a veil.  So she was obviously mimicking Princess Catherine.  A little while later she turns to me and says, “Mom, I want a veil.  Can you sew me up one?”  I responded with a yes, we can figure something out.  I didn’t know how I was going to make one, but knew I had better figure it out!

Here is what I came up with today.  One yard of tulle, one head band, 1/2 yard of a row of embellishments, and some tiny jewels.  I think I spent less than $5 to make her veil. 

Here is the final product!

IMG_9632IMG_9633

IMG_9634IMG_9638

She had to have the part of the veil that comes over the face like Princess Catherine’s.  How cute is this!  She loves it.  She had a hard time being patient for me to get all the little jewels hot glued on to the tulle, but in the end, I think it was worth the wait!

It’s so fun to do these cute little things.  She was grinning from ear to ear when I had it all done.  I’m sure she’s going to wake up in the morning and that will be the first thing she puts on!  How she needs a bouquet of flowers!  Then it will be complete!

Such fun for a dress loving girl!  I’m glad I was crafty enough to come up with something!

No comments:

Post a Comment