Sunday, August 15, 2010

First Day of School: Through the eyes of a S.A.H.M.

IMG_0125

I have blogged about this before, but the day is coming upon us this week!  On Wednesday, I am going to be sending my first born off to Kindergarten!  Although he is totally excited and wants to go tomorrow, this mommy is having a hard time.  The other day, standing in the grocery line, tears formed in my eyes!  I must be a wussy mom! :)

Since his birth almost 6 years ago, I put my own life and career on hold to be a stay at home mom.  There were many long days, but there were also many awesome days!  The coolest thing is that I have got to see every milestone in his life, first hand!  I didn’t have to hear it from a day care provider.  I find myself lucky that Kevin’s job allowed us enough money for me to stay home.  Yes, there have been sacrifices, but all has been worth it to see the world through his eyes for 6 years! 

IMG_0280 IMG_1791

He was an awesome baby.  Although he was 9 days late and made me go through 27 hours of labor, he was worth it!  He loves life.  He loves to learn about the world around him.  His favorite tv channels are the Discovery and History channels.  He has always been fascinated by wheels and how things work.  I had to learn the names of all the trucks, tractors and equipment out there.  He never wanted me to just say, “it’s a truck.”  He had to know exactly what is was!  (and still does)

IMG_0795 IMG_3179

As a toddler, he was still pretty awesome!  He loved when his baby sister came into the world.  He was very protective of her.  He could not have been prouder to have a little sister.  He has always loved helping in the kitchen and of course playing with all the pots and pans.  As I went through pictures to put on here, there were way too many to choose from.  But I can say this, his 6 years of life have been filled with many fun adventures, many fun crafts, many fun family outings, and many fun family nights at home.  We kept busy and that’s the way I like it!

IMG_1985 IMG_3248

My note to Jayden is this:

Jayden,  I hope in the first 6 years of life, that I have taught you the right way to manage through life.  I hope I have taught you how to be the best you can be.  I hope I have taught you to treat your friends the way you want to be treated.  I hope I have taught you to laugh and enjoy life.  I hope I have taught you to cry when you need to cry and feel sad when you need to be sad.  I hope I have taught you to stand up for yourself and the ones you love.  You are an amazing little man and I can’t wait to walk you to those doors in a couple days and watch you walk in so proudly to your first day of school.  I know you are going to do great!  You will have so much fun.  Just be who you are inside.  Never pretend to be someone else.  The morals and values we have set in you, should lead you down an awesome path of life.  And when I give you a hug on Wednesday and you turn to walk  into your classroom, if you see tears in my eyes, please know it’s because I am sad that I won’t get to be the one to do all the fun things with you anymore during the day.  I am looking forward to watching you grow and learn.  I love you my little man! – Mom

IMG_7664

No comments:

Post a Comment