Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Spin Art with a Salad Spinner

Today I decided to bust out the salad spinner that I bought at IKEA last month.  My friend, Amy, gave me the idea. Thought the kids would like it so we tried it out!  Let’s just say it was a BIG hit and I’m sure they will want to do it again! 

IMG_7516

IMG_7517

I let the kids pick out the colors of tempera paint they wanted to use.  Then we added glitter for some extra flare!  We spun away and the end result was some fun art work!

IMG_7514 IMG_7511

Spinning away!

IMG_7518 IMG_7521

We let them dry on our handy-dandy Octopus from IKEA and then later hung them up so Daddy could see them when he got home from work!  This was a very fun activity with easy cleanup!  Next time we might try using coffee filters!

1 comment:

  1. What a neat idea! The only thing I use salad spinners for is salad. I feel very boring...

    ReplyDelete