Sunday, October 24, 2010

11 years ago

11 years ago I took a summer job as a co-site director for Campfire USA.  I didn’t know what I was getting myself into, or how much of my time and heart was going to be consumed by camp, but I will always cherish all the memories those awesome 3 summers. 

11 years ago I met some amazing kids.  Some I grew to love and had a very special bond.

11 years ago I met this girl.  The farthest one on the right.

Image11

Last night, she got married!!!

IMG_8568

Camp was awesome.  Camp stamped a big ‘ol stamp on my heart.  I will never, EVER forget the fun, the tears, the kids, the adventures, the hot sun, the rainy days, the smiles!  We had some amazing days.  I loved watching the kids grow and learn and just be kids.  I loved watching them come in the morning all nice and clean and leaving in the afternoon a complete mess!  Oh those days were fun.  Memories to last forever.

The bride was one of those kids that LOVED camp.  She wanted to be there, she had fun.  She didn’t like when it was hot and she often said she was tired!  She could run with the best of them.  She could be a friend.  She was an awesome kid to have at camp.

Last night when I walked in and saw a beautiful, young woman standing there in a beautiful wedding gown, it made me want to cry.  Janel, you have grown from that little girl, into an amazing young woman!  I wish you the best and hope more of your dreams come true!  Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day.  (But to me, you will always be that little girl in the picture above!)

1 comment: