Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mod Podge and Masks

I like Mod Podge.  I have used it in the past for many different things.  I have never done a craft with the kids using it though…until now.  I had found these masks at Michaels for 2/$3.00.  I had to think about how I wanted the kids to decorate them. I decided to buy some Halloween Scrapbooking paper.  Which I found at the Target Dollar Spot.  An 8 pack for $1.00!  Can’t beat that!  I cut some of this paper up into little squares. 

IMG_8519 IMG_8522

I set everything out on the table and let them go to work.  At first,they had a bit of a hard time working the mod podge and making the paper stay where it needed.  After a few minutes they caught on and were having a good time!  They actually covered more of the mask than I thought they would.  So, all in all, it was a good project!

IMG_8523

We set them aside to dry.  The kids wanted the “teeth” painted white so we did that as well.  I bought some elastic at Wal-Mart for $1.00.  I used this to allow them to wear the mask.  We poked holes on each side of the mask and hooked some elastic on it.  Now they can wear them!  I have a future use for these on my next Halloween creation that we are working on!

IMG_8536

No comments:

Post a Comment