Thursday, October 28, 2010

Our Very Own Haunted House

Okay, so it’s not much on the haunted side, but to a 6 and 4 year old, it’s scary enough!  This week we put together our haunted house in the basement.  Last year we made a pirate ship.  This year it is a haunted house.  I had kept most of the decorative stuff from our pirate ship from last year to decorate for this year.  Plus I had gotten some Halloween stuff on clearance last year for 50-75% off.  So we had some new stuff to use too!  The kids spent a lot of time in the pirate ship last year.  I was hoping for the same this year!

IMG_8647-1

I went to Lowe’s and got a couple big boxes.  I ended up putting them side by side and wrapped some bungee cords around the top to keep them together.  I cut a door they have to crawl in to enter the house.  I cut two square doors on the inside to go between the boxes.

IMG_8669-1

I got some black plastic table cloths at the Dollar Tree to cover the outside.  I made some peak out holes too so there is some air movement in the house and places to look out from.

IMG_8670 IMG_8676 IMG_8672-1

And this is our finished product on the outside!!  It was a ton of fun to decorate.  The kids helped me put things where they should go.  I love the “welcome” sign on the door!  We had this on our pirate ship last year, too.  Most of the other stuff is new this year.  Spider webs, fake bloody gauze, magic potion sign, haunted house sign, etc.  So much fun to decorate!

IMG_8678 IMG_8679

IMG_8681 IMG_8680

These are from the inside.  We hung up some more webs. See the big spider!!! (first picture).  The pumpkin is hanging from the ceiling and lights up.  We also have a string of Halloween lights hanging up as well.  They have done some more decorating on the inside.  I don’t fit so well on the inside so I am not quite for sure what all they have done.  It’s so much fun to see their imaginations grow and learn!  I also got a cd of Halloween Party music.  They can play and listen to it while in their house! 

It’s amazing what you can make out of a couple boxes.  What great memories we will have! 

No comments:

Post a Comment