Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Baby Girl Turns 5!

IMG_2845

This was us, five years ago today!  Me, holding my new baby girl.  Feeling scared.  Thinking, “What do I do with a girl?”  It was a different feeling than when I had my son.  I remember how hard it was to name her.  We had a different name picked out every week.  We couldn’t decide.  I don’t remember where I heard her name, but when I did, it clicked!  And I knew she was going to be a Josie.  And that she is!

She is full of spunk. She is full of life.  She doesn’t always listen, but what kid does?  She makes me laugh, she makes me cry.  She loves her brother.  She loves a lot of things.  She loves her Barbie's. She loves her dresses.  She loves anything girly. 

It’s funny raising such a girly girl.  I was a tomboy.  Still am a tomboy.  So when she started wanting to wear dresses and skirts ALL THE TIME, that was an adjustment!  But, when she puts one on and that big smile goes across her face and she starts twirling around, I know she’s happy.

My baby girl will be heading to Kindergarten this fall.  EEEK!  This mama is not quite ready for that.  She’s ready, yep, she’s ready.  But for me, I am not.  Partly because I will be alone and have to figure out what I want to do.  I think I am going to go back to work, in some capacity.  I would love to say that it’s figured out, but it’s not. I know whatever happens will happen and I will go from there!  Life is an adventure, right?

My baby girl is the 3rd best thing that happened to me!  Of course, my hubby is number 1 and my son is number 2!  She completes me.  There are days that she can really push it, but there are days like today where she’s the best thing ever! 

I love you more than you will ever know.  I will do anything to make your life happy.  Thank you for being YOU.  I love you, Peanut!

IMG_0054

No comments:

Post a Comment