Monday, June 13, 2011

WORMS! A.K.A. SPAGHETTI!

I had researched some ideas for sensory tables and made a list of the things I wanted to experiment with!  It was yet another yucky day here so we needed something fun to do.

I cooked up two boxes of spaghetti.  One box I added purple food coloring.  The second box I added green food coloring.  I also added baby oil.  This keeps the noodles slick and they won’t stick together!  Plus, it smells good!

IMG_0001

The kids had super fun with this!  I got out a couple little strainers, utensils, and plates and let them go to work! 

IMG_0003IMG_0019

Josie thought it looked like worms.  The whole time she kept talking about worms and she HATES worms!  She’s actually slightly petrified of real worms.  But, these worms” were okay to play with!

IMG_0009IMG_0012

Jayden surprised me!  3 or 4 years ago he never would have touched these noodles.  He has a texture issue with many things.  But, he dug right in and it was awesome.  He loved.  They both thought it was fun to squish it between their fingers!

IMG_0015IMG_0016

You don’t have to add the food coloring into the noodles, but if you do, make sure your child has old clothes on!  I am sure we will be doing this activity again!  Enjoy!

IMG_0023

No comments:

Post a Comment