Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Craft Foam Fun!

Okay, so I ran across this idea earlier this morning.  I had some foam in my craft supply so I got to work!  I would like to thank http://www.filthwizardry.com/ for this awesome idea!  Such fun for kids!  I couldn’t wait to try it out tonight.

I cut shapes and other random things out of some craft foam.  I also went to a couple local stores and got some good deals on some clearance foam.  The foam I used is not the kind that has the sticker back.  It is just the plain foam shapes!  My daughter had fun watching me make some shapes.  She tried to help, but gave up and went and did her own thing.  I used my supply of cookie cutters.  My fun scrapbooking scissors to make some cool designs.  I made, hearts, stars, grass, circles, hexagon, bears, strips of foam, blocks, ABC’s, 1-20, squares, rectangles, triangles, etc!  Plus the clearance foam i found today!

Tonight, when it was bath time, we put the kids to creative work!  They LOVED this.  My son normally takes a “man shower,” but tonight he wanted to take a bath too so he could play.  They sat in the water for a half hour before we had to say time to wash up and get ready for bed! (school night).  We will be taking advantage of this for many nights to come.  I also want to try it some afternoon when we need something to do.  Give them a couple glasses of water and let them play with their close on.  It was totally fun to watch their minds work and see what fun art they could come up with.  And you don’t need anything!  The foam sticks with water!

IMG_8228 IMG_8238

 

IMG_8242 Jayden’s pizza

IMG_8244 Josie had all the people lined up!

IMG_8245 IMG_8246

IMG_8249

You can get craft foam pretty cheap.  Try it out and make bath time a blast for your kids!  I will be adding to this as well, when I find some good deals, or think of some new shapes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment