Friday, September 10, 2010

Leaves and Pumpkins

Today I changed out the sensory table.  I had wanted to do some kind of fall theme to get ready for the upcoming season.  I walked around a few places and it clicked! 

IMG_8166  IMG_8167

I wanted to find pumpkins that I could cut a whole into.  It was hard to find hollow ones, but I found some at Michaels for 40% off.  I cut around the stem, like a real pumpkin.  It was pretty easy to do with a knife!

IMG_8169 IMG_8170

I then let the kids decorate a face.  It was kind of fun to see what they would come up with.  Jayden’s was visible.  Josie, I’m not for sure what she did!  It was still cute anyway!

IMG_8171 IMG_8174

Here are the “ingredients” to my fall theme:

3 packs of 150 small leaves from the Dollar tree.  Plastic/tiny/colored pumpkins, gourds,acorns,leaves from the Dollar tree and Michaels.  Two fall containers and two baskets from the Dollar Tree.  Medium sized gourds and pumpkins with a more soft/light texture from Micahels.  Two pumpkin shaped ice cube trays from the Dollar Tree that they can used to count/sort the smaller trinkets!

IMG_8174 IMG_8176 IMG_8177

Such a fun festive new idea!  I am curious to see what their creative little minds come up with while playing with this theme!  I like how Josie has all the little pumpkins sorted in the Ice cube tray!  They fit just perfectly!

IMG_8179 IMG_8181

I think this whole thing was under $20.  I can save it for next year when we are done with it!  Can add to it or use it for something else!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment