Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A surprise visit!

Over this last weekend, my sister-in-law Karrie, and her husband Steve, surprised the family and came back for a visit.  Totally awesome as we knew they were coming, but nobody else did!  Let’s just say the family was very surprised and it was great!

So, over the course of 3 days, we got to spend a lot of time together on the farm.  It was a very relaxing visit and so much fun to get caught up with them.  These are the same people we went out east to visit over a year ago!  And of course, Jayden can’t wait to go back.  Jayden told great grandma that the next vacation we take is going to be to Aunt Karrie and Uncle Steve’s house.  He just loves them!  It’s funny what a connection he can have to two people he has only met a few times in his short life!  Here are some pictures from the farm. 

IMG_8088 IMG_8062

What was nice, is we managed to get a family picture of all of us!  This was great as it is much needed!  Too bad it wasn’t a more close up picture, but it will work.  Memories are great to have in pictures!

IMG_8133 

Until we had went out east to visit Steve and Karrie, I really didn’t know them.  They don’t get back here very often.  They were at our wedding and a couple random other times in the last 7 years, but last year I really got to know Karrie and Steve.  Jayden, like I said, attached himself to Steve and became buddies.  Such an awesome connection.  But the best thing is, I have gotten to know my sister-in-law in a much more personal way.  Until last year, I knew of her and had talked to her a few times and that was it.  Then when we spent the week with her, I really got to know her and how much we are alike!  We shouldn’t be living 21 hours away!  I’m glad I have gotten to know her like I have.  She is an amazing person.  Full of love and warmth.  Relaxed and goes with the flow!  I wish she lived closer so we could hang out more and do things together.  I’m sure we can find more to do other than cross stitch and quilt stores! :)  I was a good sport though, right? :)  Karrie and Steve: I want to thank you for becoming a big part of our lives.  I only wish there weren’t so many miles between us.  Good thing for phones and computers!  Thanks for the awesome visit!  Totally worth the look on your mom’s face!  Can’t wait to get together again and make new memories!

IMG_8130

No comments:

Post a Comment